How to check your Aadhar Update Status?
Aadhar Card is the newest and maybe even, the easiest government identity card to get a hold of since the process is fairly transparent and a plethora of its services are available online. One should definitely take advantage of this convenience and ensure that there are no errors in your Aadhar Card. This makes a lot of sense today with the innumerable benefits that holding an Aadhar card offers. You should ensure that all your details on the card are correct and up-to-date. In case there are any changes that are required, you can request an update in your card through online/offline methods. You can read more about this in our Guide on how to update information in your Aadhar card.
However, once you have applied for a change in your details on your Aadhar card through the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal, you will have to return to the official UIDAI website to check the status of the update request. You should follow the steps, as listed below, in order to check your Aadhar Update Status:
Note: You would have received your URN after applying for the change online.
Why Aadhar Card Rejected
You will get one of the following statuses for your Aadhar Card Update:
- ‘Under Review’
In case your status is ‘Rejected’, one or more of the following reasons could be behind the failure in updating:
- The documents that were submitted were inadequate.
- The details that you had entered could be incorrect.
- Any other human error that could have occurred while filling the request form.
In case you don’t know what went wrong with your request, you should undertake the following steps:
- Fill in for a fresh request, but make a visit to your nearest Aadhar Centre to get a precise idea of the exact documents that you will be requiring.
- Collect all the requisite documents and fill in a new form. Submit it online in a new request. However, please note that if you submitted your documents at the center, then you cannot check your status online since the request was not applied for.